Founded in 1845, Wilckens operated exclusively as a company for grain products up to the First World War. After the first world war and the loss of export markets for grain products, Max Ernst Wilckens began to do business with paints and lacquers. After the Second World War and the relocation to Glückstadt, the company expanded and flourished and laid the foundation for today's business success.
Modern production facility since 1996
In 1996, a new plant on the border of Glückstadt was completed. Today, we produce more than 20,000 tons of paints annually for industry, marine and the DIY sector in this modern production facility. We are one of the most important non-concern paint manufacturers in Germany as well as Germany's largest ship coatings producer.
Even today, more than 170 years after the foundation, the management of our company is still in the hands of the original family. The brothers Dr. Marcus Wilckens and Michel Wilckens successfully continue to run Wilckens Farben GmbH in the fifth generation.